Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 4 October 2024

October in Imazu

 It rained again and the northerly winds picked up. Good conditions for spotting migrating birds. Some irregular visitors could be around. Despite the bad weather birders go out to the fields. Meaning, the ones that don't have to go to work... When I left the job and made it out there there was a lot of movement, but little left for me to be seen. Should I become a full-time birder? No, I won't go that far...


First Kestrel of the season, a female. チョウゲンボウ



Flying around, but mostly hiding in the ricefield, a mixed flock of Eurasian Teals, コガモ (2 on the right) and Garganeys, シマアジ (1 bird on the left)
It is clear how the beaks are different. The Teal has an elegant bill, the Garganey somewhat massive.
I hope I got this right


Pretty Garganey, are you a young male?



Intermediate Egret, チュウサギ it's time to stock up on food. 



Hundreds? of Snipes. It seemed so. They were litterally everywhere. They all seemed to be Common Snipes, タシギ to me. Did anyone see the odd one out? A Jack Snipe, コシギ???



The following day the scene had changed drastically. The sunshine made the river glow. I was happy to see the Black-faced Spoonbills, クロツラヘラサギ in the river again.







A single Stint in a small creek. Red-necked Stint, トウネン



Still on the move, Grey-tailed Tattler, キアシシギ


The Kestrel was around as well, but didn't come close.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment