Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 5 November 2023

Corrected: Short-eared owl, コミミズク, no: Long-eared Owl, トラフズク!

I was driving in the dark when a dark shadow hovered over me and landed on the road...

It was perched on a road sign first and jumped to the road in front of me. In the light of my cars headlights, I could only just focus on it. I thought it was a Short-eared Owl, コミミズク, but was corrected. This is apparantly a Long-eared Owl, トラフズク!




At home I eliminated the noise and this is the result.



Not bad, hey!


Now I can see the fine barred markings on wing-tips and tail. Thank you, Mr. H.

Another creature on the dark road: Raccoon Dog, タヌキ
There were at least 10 of them as far as I could see.


No comments:

Post a Comment