Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 2 November 2023

Mountains in autumn

Mt. Kuju end of October. What can a birder expect at this time of the year? Not much. Summer birds have left, winter birds haven't arrived yet and resident birds are silent, hiding in the mass of leaves that turn from green to yellow to orange. Many people are all heading for the mountain slopes with the most autumn colors. It is spectacular, they say. I believe them. I didn't go there. Too crowded. There are always the Nuthatches... and butterflies.


Eurasian Nuthatch, ゴジュウカラ



Preferably up-side down



A flock was circling around the marsh. I could not see where they landed, but 1 bird was singing above my head. Eurasian Siskin, マヒワ





There were still some Chestnut-eared Buntings, ホオアカ, but most of them had left.



In their place I found a Stejneger's Stonechat, ノビタキ



The morning was cold. Ice cold! +1°C felt like -1°C



The bright sun soon burned off the little dew that there was



A few flowers: Akebonoso, アケボノソウ and Yamarakkyo, ヤマラッキョウ



Silver Grass, スズキ



Dried flower seeds



When it warmed up, I crossed over to the forest. The temperature rose to a T-shirt high. Around the oak trees lots of butterflies were active, it felt like summer!


Asian Comma, キタテハ



Blue Admiral, ルリタテハ



Together



Yellow-legged Tortoiseshell, ヒオドシチョウ





Benihikarimonga, ベニイカリモンガ



It was a very pleasant walk. I even saw some koyo!




No comments:

Post a Comment