Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 3 November 2023

Amur Falcon, アカアシチョウゲンボウ

The Falcon I hoped to see. I was told the juveniles cannot fly big distances yet and make stop-overs during migration in Kyushu. In the morning there were no other people. Very few birders showed up that weekend. In the afternoon 3 or 4 birders came to watch. The legs and face markings aren't red yet. I suppose that's because it is such a young bird.




The bird was very active, flying back and forth many times.











It didn't hover the way Kestrels do, but quickly dove down to grab its prey and eat it mid-air.





Waah, coming straight at me! What do you want? I have nothing for you...
Just curious?


That was a nice encounter, hopefully not the last. 💓

No comments:

Post a Comment