Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 1 July 2022

Yellow Bittern, ヨシゴイ and some more

One early morning I drove to this place outside the city, that's known for Yellow Bitterns. Between 7am and 10am, 3 long hot hours, 2 of the birds flew once. All the way on the other side of the pond one of them perched in the reeds for a few minutes and then they both flew towards the north-east. Away from me. I nearly missed them. I don't think I will be going there again anytime soon...😓😖












Farewell



Other birds included several Great Egrets, ダイサギ



Lots of Cattle Egrets, アマサギ



And this Zitting Cisticola, セッカ



Of course, there were many Great Reed Warblers, オオヨシキリ calling and flying constantly, as well as some Moorhens, バン and Tree Sparrows, スズメ

On the way back I ran into 3 Bull-headed Shrike fledglings, モズの 巣立ち 
busily catching leaves and chasing nothing








I leaned back and relaxed, while watching them from the airconditioned car





The Ruddy-breasted Crake, ヒクイナ seems to be my signature bird this summer



No comments:

Post a Comment