Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 3 January 2022

First birds of he year part 2

 

When the meeting was over I went back to check on that Baikal Teal, トモエガモ. I found it asleep (as usual) but with the tide going out now other ducks started to move...



... and woke him up.


Pretty boy with its green head in the sunshine





Black-faced Spoonbills, クロツラヘラサギ were still sleeping when the Eurasians, ヘラサギ, 5 of them stopped by.





In the creek I found 1 single Shelduck, ツクシガモ. 



At the 2 ponds were the winter visitors: 11 Greater White-fronted Geese, マガン


The one Tundra Bean Goose, ヒシクイ still with them.



Then, in the warm sunshine the Pallas's Reed Buntings, シベリアジュリン were feeding on the ground among other buntings. (The Falcons were blissfully absent) 




A Water Rail, クイナ joined the party...







...but got itchy feet when he saw me.



In the distance a Eurasian Sparrowhawk, ハイタカ





And last an egret that I couldn't place at first. It didn't seem to be a Great, nor a Little Egret, our regular winter birds. 



Black feet... 黒いが足


So: Intermediate Egret, チュウサギ ...
...that forgot to migrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment