Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 19 January 2022

Izumi, Kagoshima 鹿児島県出水 part 3 Sandhill Crane, カナダヅル and some more

Continued from part 2

Finding the uncommon birds is always a challenge, when numbers are in the 15 thousands. I saw 6 of the 9 that are supposed to be there. Seeing them in small groups made it easier of course.


The 3 birds in the front with a red forehead are Sandhill Cranes, カナダヅル 













Every bit of water seemed to hold snipes. Below a Common Snipe, タシギ







Also present in large numbers: Northern Lapwings, タゲリ





Here with a snipe



Little ringed Plover, コチドリ



Female Hen Harrier, ハイイロチュウヒ






No comments:

Post a Comment