Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 5 February 2021

White's Thrush, トラツグミ

So this is White's Thrush and the one in Iriomote Island is the Scaly Thrush. OK, I'll go with the new name.

February 2nd, It's setsubun, this year a day earlier than usual. Will spring start a bit earlier too? The news of  these Thrushes was that 5 were seen on one day. That is also unusual. I tried my luck at lunch-time on this weekday, between 2 work locations and guess what? I saw 3! 


The first one, below, was covering a big part of the field.









A 2nd one appeared (below) and sent the 1st one backwards. Out of the other's territory I guess.





Right after that another one flew at the far back, nr 3. Sorry, no photo.
The one below was taken later and is bird nr 1 I think

What a thrushy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment