Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 8 February 2021

At the Hazenoki, (Japanese Wax tree), ハゼノキ

Lots of active birds around the tree, eating the dried seeds. After the rain they are maybe a bit softer or tastier, I don't know.

  Red-flanked Bluetails,  ルリビタキ  and 


At first 3 or 4 females flew in and out regularly. Even when raptors flew over, like the Oriental Buzzard (below) and a Sparrowhawk, (no img) they hid quickly, but returned in a few minutes




After what felt like a long cold wait a male bird appeared - reluctantly






female






again the male




This male was there as well, briefly



Other birds were many Warbling White-eyes, メジロ





 1 Female Bull-headed Shrike, モズ ♀



Eastern Buzzard, ノスリ



Elegant or Yellow-throated Bunting, ミヤマホオジロ



Long-tailed Tits, エナガ also stopped by, but I didn't get any good photos. So I include images from another tree. No green leaves, but pretty soft winter colors.







When returning to the car, I nearly stepped on these: 7 Earth Stars, a kind of mushroom called Tsuchiguri, ツチグリ




No comments:

Post a Comment