Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 14 February 2021

Common Goldeneye, ホオジロガモ display

On a windless morning in February, when the sun is still low, these ducks enjoy the start of spring with their display behaviour. The male shows off to the female, hoping she will choose him to be her partner.











females  ♀


chased by a Mew Gull, カモメ





They can stay submerged for quite some time and when they are feeding it's hard to keep track. But I think there were 15 birds in total

No comments:

Post a Comment