Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 16 October 2018

What's happening in West Fukuoka - 1

Back to the birds. While reports of all kinds of exotic birds in various places in Kyushu keep coming in, I keep an eye on our own area in West Fukuoka.
The news about the Long-tailed Shrike is spreading and in the weekends many people gather there. The cheeky bird plays a difficult game with them!

Long-tailed Shrike, タカサゴモズ











Another bird in the same area, often seen together: Eurasian Wryneck, アリスイ













Later, in the very same tree 2 of the 6 local Magpies, カササギ quarreling as usual


A group of Zitting Cysticola, セッカ family had me fooled. They made soft babbling noises that didn't sound like their usual "chin chin chin" or "chat chat chat" at all







Ducks are arriving. Some of the first winter visitors: Common Pochard, ホシハジロ



No comments:

Post a Comment