Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 19 October 2018

Flycatchers galore

It was after 5 in the afternoon and I was packing up to go - we still had to drive a fair way. Suddenly a flock of flycatchers "attacked" this fruit-bearing tree. There was blue fluttering everywhere. Over 10 Blue-and white Flycatchers, オオルリ but also yellow, Narcissus Flycatchers, キビタキ. The resident Grey-streaked and Brown Asian Flycatchers エゾビタキ and コサメビタキ got all upset and started chasing them from their tree. It was quite a scene for about 15 minutes.









A very good looking bird. Young male I suppose



 female


It was difficult to focus in this low light. Somehow the Blue colored birds were easier than the yellow ones. Well, there were more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment