Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 10 December 2022

Steller's Sea Eagle, オオワシ

There are not going to be many chances of seeing a bird like this in this part of the country. We left Kyushu and drove to the north-western part of Yamaguchi. I was a little nervous, thinking it would not be there anymore. But yes! At 9am it suddenly soared over the harbor.



It came down to a level where I could see it from above



From there it went back to the mountain side, where it stayed perched in a tree for nearly 2 hours



Around 11 it came flying again. The sky had become overcast by then, so it seems a little dark


With the crows that seem to be it's steady company


Ohhh, are you coming for me? Am I in the way? Where should I go???


Pff, that was a bit scary. Look at those talons!!!


It decided to grab a utility pole, not my head. Here it stayed perched for a few minutes and then it returned to the mountains again.


Cheeky boy!


I stayed around for the rest of the day, but but apart from a few long distant sightings, that was it. The locals expected it to come in the afternoon for some fish heads that the fishermen would bring, but an Osprey chased it off. A small bird like an Osprey!!!

Osprey vs Eagle, ミサゴ vs オオワシ


No comments:

Post a Comment