Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 8 December 2022

Red-flanked Bluetail, ルリビタキ

I went up the mountain in the south to look for this bird. As every year it was there. A pretty blue male!

And again, it felt like I was seeing it for the first time. 😊

 



It regularly came down from the dark trees, to define his territory, loudly whistling and cackling when other birds were around.








As usual, a Daurian Redstart, ジョウビタキ was the biggest competitor

 


A female popped in briefly as well



The woods were full with winter berries, フユイチゴ


A different looking mushroom




At a small corner the sun broke through


Down below was a flock of about 40 birds flying overhead, Japanese Grosbeak, イカル


No comments:

Post a Comment