Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 15 February 2022

Shikoku highlights

Images of our trip to Shikoku in December last year. It was our 2nd time there and though the time of year was the same, weather conditions were very different. Our route was too of course. 

On the ferry from Beppu to Misaki



Shikoku is a very quiet place with little tourism. There are many surprises, like these mammoths made of straw in a field just along the road



Shimanto River, supposedly the cleanest river in Japan, has several submergible bridges.


Soaring over our heads: Japanese Hawk Eagle, クマタカ


Minokoshi coast, with rock formations that look like they come from another planet.













Back to earth: Shoryuji Temple nr 36


 



Kochi city



Leading the flock: American Wigeon hybrid, アメリカヒドリ雑種





Naked Flowers digital light show at Kochi Castle 




Not exactly my favorite form of art, but I liked the image of the Fairy Pitta that they used in their logo. The audio was also specked with pitta calls, but I doubt any of the visitors realized that.


Umpen Temple nr 66



Idei potholes in the Matsuda River near Sukumo


On the way back a stop at Kurashiki...


...and a rest area near Hiroshima




Back in Kyushu on January 1st 2022. The first sunrise from Yukuhashi

Happy New Year!💓


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post Marijke. I bicycled Shodoshima and Shikoku but while there was so much of interest, I missed a lot of what you captured. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete