Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 12 August 2021

Small summer stuff

Just a collection of things I saw on my early morning walks (and some late afternoons) during the summer break - before it became too hot 😆

Haguro Tombo, Broad-winged damselfly, ハグロトンボ . Dull brown in the shadows, these damselflies become pretty when the light is right.




I have no confidence when naming dragonflies, so the following are a bit of a guess. 

Risu Akane, リスアカネ


アカネトンボ、Akane Tombo spec


Ginyama, ギンヤンマ In English known as the  Lesser Emperor


And Kurosuji Ginyama, クロスジギンヤンマ I could not find an English name for it


Pellucid Hawk moth or Coffee Bee Hawk moth, オオスカシバ



An unusual sight: Schlegel's Green Tree frog, シュレーゲルアオガエル, 


The more common Japanese Tree Frog, ニホンアマガエル, posing nicely



How to tie the knot; Japanese Grass Lizard, ニホンカナヘビ



Ever so pretty Chotombo, チョウトンボ 



The kids would hate me for not telling them: Japanese Rhinoceros beetle、カブトムシ





The sap that attracts the beetles comes out of boreholes made by long-horn beetles like this one. Their larvae eat themselves a way into the tree.
Kuwa kamikiri or Usuba kamikiri, クワカミキリ or ウスバカミキリ
I think the first. The mandible faces downwards





Kumazemi Cicada, クマゼミ entring our world


  Impatiens Hawkmoth caterpillar, セスジスズメの幼虫 



Some kind of bee I guess; I don't recall ever seeing one like this before



A big one, this エゾスズメ、Ezosozume Hawk moth with its signature part of the wing protruding



Medium to big sized moth, maybe Maimaiga ,マイマイガ?



Kimonga moth, キンモンガ 



(Hime)Ukon Edashaku, ウコンエダシャク or ヒメウコンエダシャク I can't tell the difference between the 2



Box Tree moth Tsugeno Meiga, ツゲノメイガ



Camouflage



Not blue bees, they come in August and visit small flowers. Then what are these?



In the beginning of July there was a big patch of these flowers: Harushagiku, ハルシャギク



a few with a different color stood out



Beach Vitex, ハマゴウ . I saw a white variety as well, but accidently deleted the photo. 😆



A dark but delicate orchid: Liparis nervosa, コクラン




No comments:

Post a Comment