Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 20 June 2019

Red-rumped Swallows, コシアカツバメ

For many years these birds came to an elementary school in a remote part of Sawara, close to the hills,  to build their nests, right under the pupils' eyes. A few years back renovation works on the building put a halt to that. :-(  Too bad. The rural area now has very few residents and the majority are old people who have lived there their whole life. Their children moved to the city to find better jobs and education. Sadly, this year in spring the school was forced to close. I drove past and stopped to check it out. The village was eerily quiet. I heard nothing. No voices. Only some birds.  I peeked through the fence at the roof of the deserted building... YES! 4 or 5 nests!














No comments:

Post a Comment