Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 21 June 2019

Mountains again part 1

A week later, same trick, same trip. But this time by myself. At my first checkpoint a bird is heard calling juu-ichi, juu-ichi. It is still dark, but I spotted him over 1 km from where I stood!

Hodgson's Hawk Cuckoo, ジュウイチ (十一)



Around the same time a Varied Tit, ヤマガラ with a mouthful of insects sat watching me. Reluctant to reveal the location of its nest?



Further south near a farm field, Eastern Buzzard, ノスリ



and a Crested Kingfisher, ヤマセミ



Inside the forest, Blue-and-white Flycatcher, オオルリ









At the grass lands many small birds like the Chestnut-eared Bunting, ホウアカ







Keenly watched by this guy from the top of the trees, Common Cuckoo, カッコウ 







Frequently getting chased away by the Jay community.
Eurasian Jay, カケス vs Common Cuckoo, カッコウ







Later in the evening, still at it.



As usual, at the usual time and place, Common Pheasant, キジ


No comments:

Post a Comment