Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 21 May 2017

Mr. Pheasant and his girls

I was looking out for them and got my reward! Common Pheasant, キジ

 First I just noticed some action in the far corner of a field.



I changed to a bigger lens and out came a magnificent male with 2 females



After a few minutes the ladies turned my way, quickly followed by the boss.


The female, who had been shuddering in display shook out her feathers...


... in a cloud of dust.



When the male strode off the girls got to spend some quality time together



He himself made a big fuss and called out to ward off his rivals...


...or attract more ladies to his harem




Come on, I'm handsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment