Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Tuesday, 18 April 2017

Starlingssss

There are so many species of Starlings in the world. Here in Kyushu we have our own very common White-cheeked Starling, ムクドリ. During migrating season we can see some others and this year we found a White-shouldered Starling, カラムクドリas well as a female Red-billed Starling, ギンムクドリ among them.


1 White-shouldered Starling, カラムクドリ and 2 White-cheeked Starlings, ムクドリ



White-shouldered Starling, カラムクドリ







The cheeky White-cheeked Starlings, ムクドリ parading on the edge of the field; the White-shouldered Starling, カラムクドリ just below.



Red-billed Starling, ギンムクドリ female






Below the White-shouldered Starling, カラムクドリ again









One of the White-cheeked Starlings, ムクドリ having fun with a couple of feathers - nesting material?





No comments:

Post a Comment