Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 16 June 2015

Okinawa 2 part 2

The following photo's were also taken over the 4 days we spent in Okinawa. The Blue Rock Thrush, イソヒヨドリis a very common bird, all over the country I guess and very much so here. On the coast, in towns, in the fields, the forest, the mountains, they are there.


The male is brightly colored blue and rusty orange in breeding.


Here with one of his 3 demanding chicks







How to eat a poisonous centipede? (He managed)



When birding I usually keep an eye out for other creatures. Like insects or reptiles. Lizards always intrigue me. Their skin, their behaviour... Maybe because they remind me of pre-historic giants

Okinawa climbing lizard キノボリトカゲ











No comments:

Post a Comment