Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 25 September 2024

More Flycatchers in the mountains

After Jaap finished hiking we left  Mt. Kuju and drove south towards Kumamoto. We stopped to check out some wildlife on the way.


Grey-streaked Flycatcher, エゾビタキ


One of many. 



Just when I got tired of all the Grey Streaks 3 others flew in. Blue-and-white Flycatchers, オオルリ, 2 males 1 female. They hid in the Japanese Angelica tree, タラノキ, but I managed a few shots of the colorful males.











In the flower department, we saw Yellow Balsam or Touch-me-not Balsam, キツリフネ
Impatiens noli-tangere



(Purple) Touch-me-not, ツリフネソウ  Impatiens textori



Chinese Hog-peanut (?) ヤブマメ   Amphicarpaea edgeworthii



Silver-washed Fritillary, ミドリヒョウモン  Argynnis paphia



Pallas' Fritillary, ウラギンスジヒョウモン  Argyronome laodice





Related to the Japanese Toad Lily, Hototogisuis is the Yamahototogisu, ヤマホトトギス   Tricyrtis macropoda



No comments:

Post a Comment