Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 23 August 2022

First migrating birds

Upon our return from our camping trip to Honshu we were welcomed by a heavy downpour, the kind of rain that brings changes. I drove to the fields in the west of Fukuoka, but several roads were flooded and I had to change directions. Around Imazu I met the one and only Black-winged Stilt, セイタカシギ.



Near the bridge: Terek Sandpipers, ソリハシシギ ...





...and a Grey-tailed Tattler, キアシシギ


More at the mudflats



In the many submerged fields was this Greenshank, アオアシシギ



... as well as some Terek Sandpipers, ソリハシシギ. The water looked too deep for smaller birds.



At another field: Wood Sandpiper, タカブシギ
There were small waders at the far end. Too far for my camera.



Pacific Golden Plover, ムナグロ. 
I continued driving, looking for small waders



The egrets were arguing as usual...



...watched by the resident Spot-billed Ducks, カルガモ




Finally! Long-toed Stints, ヒバリシギ and Red-necked Stints,トウネン





Red-necked Stint,トウネン



Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ



Towards Itoshima: 1 more Black-winged Stilt, セイタカシギ ...


...with very bright red legs



The next day I stopped at the previous fields.
Wood Sandpiper, タカブシギ



Long-toed Stints, ヒバリシギ and Red-necked Stints,トウネン







At the big barren field little water was left. Most birds had left as well.
Below a Sandpiper. Is it a Greenshank? アオアシシギ?


It was attacked by a young Peregrine Falcon, ハヤブサ but managed to escape. All birds flew up and most didn't return


These 2 Green Sandpipers, クサシギ chose a very open field to take a bath. Also surprised by the Falcon?

No comments:

Post a Comment