Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 13 May 2021

Follow up at Imazu

 Sunday May 9th, I had just a couple of hours, so I headed to the mudflats of the Zuibaiji River. There were no big surprises this time, though I was pointed to a Curlew Sandpiper, サルハマシギ that I saw clearly through a digi scope, but could not find ever since :-( Too bad. But the other waders made up for that.


About 70 or 80 Dunlins, ハマシギ are still there, looking handsome in their summer feathers, though I keep on remembering the day I thought they all had rested in an oil field, causing their bellies to be so dirty.





Below with a Grey-tailed Tattler, キアシシギ



The Tattler again



Red-necked Stints, トウネン were there as well, 8 birds at least







1 Broad-billed Sandpiper, キリアイ. Happy to see it here!



All together now



Further out a couple of Eurasian Curlews, ダイシャクシギ
Look at this one. How far can he turn his neck?





A snipe at the lotus field. Common Snipe, タシギ? Maybe not, maybe Swinhoe's. チュウジシギ He stayed in the water as long as I was there, which is something the Common do however...









Another favorite: Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ





Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ





Little Ringed Plover, コチドリ....


...showing his big chest in display


The weather was fine, but rain is on its way. I wonder who will fly in next.

No comments:

Post a Comment