Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Red Crossbill, イスカ

Happy New Year! to all the readers of the blog. Thank you all very much for your support and for keeping up with me over the previous months, years. Last year was not an easy one for many of you. For me neither in several ways. My physical condition went down in summer - No, not due to the Corona virus - a first for me. Regular excercise and a healthy diet are not always enough it seems. Birding has been my favorite pastime for so long and in the last year it gave me means to escape and a much needed diversity. I hope I will be able to continue this and that the coming year will be better for all of us.

Over the holidays Jaap and I took Billie the camper to the mountains, away from the crowds, safely locked away behind the wheel. We stopped at Oita, passed by the forest park where the Crossbills were seen and spend a day waiting (mostly) and watching them. Difficult light conditions, and see here the best I could do:




A flock of around 30 birds flew over just after 9am and landed in the tree.



Little by little they made their way towards the water...










...and left after 15 min



At 11:30, when I was about to give up they returned for a 2nd drink


At midday the light was worse and I hoped for some shots in the lower part of the trees

Male


Female












No comments:

Post a Comment