Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 23 May 2015

Springtime in the fields

After all those colorful and exciting birds in the trees it's time to have a look at the fields and the mudflats.
Early summer visitor: Cattle Egret, アマサギ



Little Grebes don't migrate, but they move to more secluded waters to nest. In April there was some serious dating with an impressive display of the birds in summer plumage to be seen.


Little Grebe, カイツブリ Caught a big shrimp, but ate it self...



Not all Spoonbills migrate. This one might be still too young Eurasian Spoonbill, ヘラサギ



When we hear the Great Reed warblers we know summer is on its way.
Reed Warbler, オオヨシキリ







 On the mud flats Whimbrels and Curlews scurry for crabs at low tide
Eurasian Curlew, ダイシャクシギ



The first week of May these ducks were still around. I hope to be able to capture them up close one day...  Falcated Ducks, ヨシガモ





There are a number of nests around, I don't publish those usually.
One skylark nest specially drew my attention, or rather the snake eyeing it did.
I picked it up (the snake) and threw it across the ditch, but that didn't help...
Nature can be so cruel!


Eurasian Skylark, ヒバリ Just a parent


The hungry reptile

No comments:

Post a Comment