Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 13 June 2024

Sounds of the forest.

After listening to the calls of a Pitta without getting a glimpse I gave up on it. The Wrens saved me from becoming grumpy. I was actually delighted to see these small blots of life darting through the woods. The rest of the day I just wandered around, not really searching. Just playing it by ear.


4 Different Cuckoos were calling.  A Common Cuckoo came to perch in a nearby tree.









The Bull-headed Shrikes, モズ parents and children were rather noisy.







White-becked Woodpeckers, オオアカゲラ adult and juvenile



Tits welcomed me at their usual hang-out
Willow Tit, コガラ



Eurasian Nuthatch, ゴジュウカラ


The flycatchers dropped by

Narcissus Flycatcher, キビタキ





Blue-and-white Flycatcher, オオルリ could be heard for miles, but would not come down.


And when one did - I nearly missed him



Last but not least: Chestnut-eared Bunting, ホオアカ


No comments:

Post a Comment