Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 2 April 2022

Shikanoshima at the end of March

Mr. and Mrs. Osprey have re-established their nesting site again. When 1 of them brought a fish in (the male?) it was consumed on a neighboring rock (the dining room?) Soon the other (female?) returned to the nest. I wonder if they have eggs already?

Osprey, ミサゴ







I was hoping to see some Loons, オオハム and other sea birds, but nothing came up close.





In the distance a flock of mostly Mergansers I think



In the bay were some Great Crested Grebes, カンムリカイツブリ in various stages of summer plumage













Back home I found our winter visitor still hanging around our yacht Alishan
Red-breasted Merganser, ウミアイサ





And a Common Sandpiper, イソシギ in a rain puddle on the dock






No comments:

Post a Comment