Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 20 April 2022

Higashiyoka: Godwit, Sandplover, Dowitcher

The weather was clear, cool in the early morning, warming up to nearly hot. Before the zeppelin flew over it all looked promising. There were a few hundred Godwits, between Whimbrels and Curlews at the back.

Bar-tailed Godwit, オオソリハシシギ


With many Whimbrels, チュウシャクシギ...



...and some Grey Plovers, ダイセン







As the tide came in and the water rose...



Many Sand Plovers had turned a nice summer orange.

Lesser Sand Plover, メダイチドリ


Again, I didn't get the chance to find the slightly bigger ones but I have these images below of a plover with longer legs...
??? Greater Sand Plover, オオメダイチドリ ???





Chibi. Definitely the smaller Lesser Sand Plover, メダイチドリ



2 Long-billed Dowitchers, オオハシシギ



With Grey Plovers and Godwits








No comments:

Post a Comment