Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 21 January 2019

Smew, ミコアイサ

Beautiful diving ducks, related to Goldeneyes. The striking white and black markings gave them the most appropriate name "Little Nun" (Nonnetje) in Dutch
Lurking at the back of the pond, I had to sneak up on them to get a good view. Partly successful, I was not really happy untill 2 males appeared right in front of me. They had clearly forgotten my presence!




Always behind the other ducks



In difficult light conditions



Fast asleep or turning their back to me







Finally an unobstructed view!





The small female is easily overlooked in a crowd of Pochards and other small ducks




No comments:

Post a Comment