Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 25 October 2018

Northern Lapwings, タゲリ Little Buntings, コホオアカ? Chestnut-eared Bunting, ホオアカ?

Since I didn't go out birding in the weekend, I left home this afternoon to go out to the fields.
Nearly all the rice has been harvested now, the paddies look brown and dull. It was already late in the afternoon when I noticed these birds, 3 Northern Lapwings, タゲリ. The first of this season!






 Nearby a couple of buntings perched 2 fields away drew my attention. In this low light it"s hard to catch the details at such a far distance. Are they Little Buntings, コホオアカ?




Or Chestnut-eared Buntings, ホオアカ?




Earlier on I stopped by the dam lake to the the Mandarin Ducks, オシドリ. Over 20 birds I saw, male, female, eclipse. There are probably more.






No comments:

Post a Comment