Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 25 October 2018

Japanese Yellow Bunting, ノジコ

Last week during a short visit to the Imazu area. It was a quiet day. Very few birds around. But there's got to be something! I thought. And then a Japanese Yellow Bunting, ノジコ stopped by. A lifer! Probably not so uncommon in other parts of the country, but a first for me here in Fukuoka.






I heard the calls of Daurian Redstarts, ジョウビタキ and found some birds, all female. Where are the males?





When all turned quiet again I looked up and saw the Eurasian Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ on patrol.







No comments:

Post a Comment