Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 28 September 2018

Summer in Saga

This place has become a favorite with us for over-nighters when we need to get away. The first wildlife adventure in August was soon followed up. A few degrees cooler than the city, pretty landscape, you name it. We love it.



Terraced ricefields and old stone walls dominate the landscape




Asian Swallowtail, アゲハ


Pockets of flowers and insects are a bonus. Purple Loosestrife, ミソハギ





The locals attend to the fields every day and often have to walk many miles uphill to get there. Some are in their 80s! They lead a healthy life it seems. 







Taking a rest I focus on the dragonflies around me.






Night critters


Left: ウバタマムシ uba tamamushi        Right: beetle コクワガタ kokuwagata




No comments:

Post a Comment