Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 11 September 2018

Birding the 9th of the 9th in 90% rain

The rain didn't stop me from going out, though I changed my planned route. The mountains would be too dark plus I didn't want to walk much and get too wet with my 300 mm lens. So I returned to last week's location to see what was happening. Most of the birds were still there. But now I got to see the Long-toed Stints, ヒバリシギ a bit closer by. I stopped the car on the road leading to the farm. It was still before 7:30 am and it took only a few minutes, but the owner got angry and I had to make multiple excuses...



Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ





One of the Ruffs, エリマキシギ briefly stepped out



The group of Pacific Golden Plovers, ムナグロ had crossed the road to another field





At the water-logged field a few 100 m away a very fast moving small bird got my attention.
A migrating Yellow Wagtail, ツメナガセキレイ . I wonder, is this bird already in winter plumage or is it a young bird just born this year? 







Smaller then the White Wagtail, ハクセキレイ



Our single juvenile Black-winged Stilt, セイタカシギ 幼鳥 of last week left the protection of the high weeds for a moment and a Japanese Bush Warbler, ウグイス dropped by to take a peek




So many Common Snipes, タシギ around, are they increasing?
Where are the other Snipes?



And suddenly another pair of red legs landed in this field. Finally our baby Stilt got company!
Not that I noticed any reaction, but I felt happy for her.


Adult Black-winged Stilt, セイタカシギ成鳥



Last there was another Oriental Pratincole, ツバメチドリ the plover that looks like a huge swallow in flight. This time an adult in winter feathers. Lucky!






No comments:

Post a Comment