Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Monday, 19 September 2016

Birds in the rain 4, Common Snipe, タシギ

Rain comes and goes for a while and then turns solid. It provides a curtain, my natural blind. I stay dry inside Esther the Estima. What else to do on a day like this? As expected the Snipes turn out en masse. They love that water pouring down on them.










Happy together  with a Wood Sandpiper, タカブシギ on the left 
and a Terek Sandpiper, ソリハシシギ  on the right.



The rain picks some more


and more


 and more




Time to go home now. A typhoon is on its way... 

No comments:

Post a Comment