Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Saturday, 19 March 2016

Mandarin Duck, オシドリ, 1

We had gone a long way to see these ducks. Not just a few, but HUNDREDS.
Maybe more than the amount of kilometers we drove, from Fukuoka to Tottori.









With so many Mandarins in action it was hard to capture the individual.


All in a feeding frenzy.
There would never be enough for them, so a group of volunteers is pitching in.



There are about 4 times as many males than female, so the competition is fierce. Who is the biggest?


A different feather-do
  

The colorful males make quite an impressive sight, but the females are cute, and very pretty in a soft way.









The male Mandarin Duck, オシドリ in all its glory. The female to the right is a Teal, コガモ.




To be continued


No comments:

Post a Comment