Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 13 March 2016

Lucky on the 13th

On the way to Saga I stopped at a river point midway, hoping to catch the sight of a Goosander.
And guess what I saw, thanks to my young companion:

1 of 2 Crested Kingfisher, ヤマセミ






also around: Mandarin Duck, オシドリ 5 or 6.  I don't really want to take more photos of these ducks after our visit to Tottori (coming up soon) but just this one for the record.


And in the distance there was a fem Goosander, カワアイサ




approaching us slowly


passing under the red bridge








We are living to far south for these birds to be common. I didn't see a male, just 2 females.


1 comment:

  1. Great birds and pics. I've only ever seen one Mandarin Duck and that was in Aomori. I rarely see the Crested Kingfisher and Goosander as well. Some rewarding birding.

    ReplyDelete