Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Thursday, 24 March 2016

Imazu: The last ducks of the winter

Every winter present in Imazu, but usually so far off, I never bothered to take any photos. But one day one gets lucky, right?

Falcated Duck, ヨシガモ















At the same day I found these at an unusual location, also in Imazu: female Greater Scaup, スズガモ





 I waited a few weeks for the days to get brighter and went back to see:
 Northern Shoveler, ハシビロガモ


Look at their bill and you understand their English name




a female in tow





At last a different spec of wildlife, very domesticated I would say:



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous series of photos. You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete