Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Thursday, 22 October 2015

Looking for red 2

Missing out on the Amur Falcons in Imazu was a big disappointment. I decided to travel south in further pursuit and rove to Isahaya in the Nagasaki prefecture. After getting everything packed in the car I had a short sleep and left at 3:00 am. Driving on the deserted highways with the music system full on I got there in a high and enjoyed the sunrise


My welcoming committee of white egrets.



No wind and a little chilly, perfect start of the day.

Common Snipe, タシギ


I found several of the "usual" birds at there "usual" spots...

Common Kingfisher, カワセミ


...and several Kestrels on the hunt
Eurasian Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ



One pair of near-red legs:  Black Stork, ナベコウ






And a very cooperative Stonechat, ノビタキ on the Golden Rod, セイタカアワダチソウ



No comments:

Post a Comment