Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Looking for red 1

The news about Amur Falcon sightings in Imazu sent me flying, These Falcons have reddish tarsi and face-markings.


Eurasian Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ
Pretty bird, but no red markings... 




A few kilometers to the west another one


 Very cute juvenile






But no red.


In between I came across these Common Stonechats, ノビタキ
Some males with a little left-over summer colors, the others pinkish brown. 


They like to perch on poles and sticks around the fields. There were a total of 7 in a row


resident Meadow Bunting, ホオジロ  munching on a bit of rice.


Meadow Bunting, ホオジロ vs Common Stonechat, ノビタキ


Common Stonechat, ノビタキ

No comments:

Post a Comment