Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 16 August 2015

Mid summer waders

14 August, in the middle of summer activities I took some time off to check the regular fields. The day before I dropped my camera (today - still in shock)

Just 1 juvenile Black-winged Stilt, セイタカシギ


Still so young but on the way south all by himself, without any parents. That's tough!



Looking for food




Can it eat the snail?


Dropping it...


With a Wood Sandpiper as the only company...

More of those in a nearby field. Wood Sandpiper, タカブシギ


 1 bird


 2...


3 all together


And a Long-toed Stint, ヒバリヒギ There were 2 of them actually



Another single as far as I could tell: Common Snipe, タシギ


Nice to see you all again. There were also 2 Red-necked Stints, トウネン and several Little Ringed Plovers, コチドリ in the vicinity. A Peregrine Falcon, ハヤブサ flew by.

No comments:

Post a Comment