Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 22 August 2015

From July: Japanese Reed Bunting, コジュリン

These buntings are not very common, but there is one place in the Mt. Aso area where they always come to build their nests. The protected area is full of flowers, some quite rare I heard. it's my favorite in summer, when Fukuoka is just too hot.


Japanese Reed Bunting, コジュリン












One of few birds who can hold its balance with legs on different flower stems





Singing out loud all day long, most active in the morning


The Day Lilies don't open until later in the afternoon...



so I returned to get a prettier picture :-)







Another bird in that area, but very very far: Black-browed Reed Warbler, コヨシキリ



Daylilies:  Hemerocallis citrine var. vespertina,  ユウスゲ





No comments:

Post a Comment