Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 30 August 2015

After the typhoon...

The day after we drove to the east side of the bay to check out Fu Kyo.
Around Shikanoshima the waves were huge.






 SCARY!

In the west migrating birds had increased. After watching some Wood Sandpipers, Long-toed and Red-necked Stints and a Common Redshank I hung around to see the Black-winged Stilts. I love these birds. Can't get enough. My plan to look for the Siberian Blue Robin got delayed.

Black-winged Stilt, セイタカシギ


There were 11 birds, young birds as well as adults


Mostly wandering in small groups, but gathering and lining up when a predator was spotted.
Would this make them seem to be one big bird?


Preening or flirting?


Typhoon hair-do, eh feather-do





Occasionally a bit of hustling and bustling of course.
Some Egrets flew in...


One got a bit upset




But eventually all were quite tolerant.


Even the Heron. with its impressing wingspan Grey Heron, アオサギ 


The young ones are so cute! Born this year, still a baby.






No comments:

Post a Comment