Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Monday, 18 May 2015

Birds in the dark 3

The last lot of birds hanging around in the dark corners of the parks: 
Japanese Paradise Flycatcher, サンコウチョウ

 female



 A few days after the excitement that the male caused a female payed a visit. The eyes less colored and the tail just a few inches long, but still a handsome bird, equally shy and secretive.




The male was seen for 4 days, I think it was just one and the same bird. 



A small bunting that drops by every year: Tristram’s Bunting, シロハラホオジロ






 Poor shots, but we keep a respectable distance so as not to disturb the birds who have come to have a feed and a rest during their great journey.



The majority of colorful flycatchers have moved on.
But the Asian Brown Flycatcher, コサメビタキ stays for a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment