Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Wednesday, 31 December 2014

December birds 5

Before Yokoshima we stopped at Lake Ezu in Kumamoto city for a little while. The lake didn't "steam", there was no spectacular sunrise, just a grey blanket of clouds, which cleared later in the day. That wasn't forecasted! However, there are many Wigeons to watch, which is always fun. And even a Japanese endemic.

Eurasian Wigeon, ヒドリガモ 







Japanese Wagtail, セグロセキレイ



Japanese Grosbeak, イカル



Shiraishi, Kikuchigawa: Grey Heron, アオサギ



2 comments:

  1. Gee there are so many endemic black-and-white wagtails. Fascinating family of birds.

    ReplyDelete