Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Wednesday, 31 December 2014

December birds 2 オオハクチョウ, Whooper Swan;サンカノゴイ, Great Bittern

The surprise of the month: 3 Whooper Swans in Imazu. These big birds like cold water. Would they be a forebode of cold winter weather? 

オオハクチョウ, Whooper Swan






How big are these swans, compared to the Spoonbill in front!




Another surprise for me: The Bittern that's been hanging around, but never shows its face decided to leap out right in front of me! ヨシゴイ, Yellow Bittern  correction: Great Bittern, サンカノゴイ



Always glad to have you back for the season. タゲリ、Northern lapwing






On rainy days Snipes gather and seem less shy. タシギ、Common Snipes.







No comments:

Post a Comment