Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Friday, 26 September 2014

ヒガンバナ Wild Amaryllis in the woods

September, it's time for higambana. The red flowers, a kind of amaryllis are lining the rice fields of Kyushu, creating a nice contrast with the golden yellow-green color of mature rice that is about to be harvested. This year I found the same flowers here in the woods, That splash of red, accentuated by the soft sunbeams of the late afternoon in a darkish green forest made it quite a surprise.




The big butterflies that like these flowers are swallowtails. Below the Red Helen










Another swallowtail, the Spangle,




No comments:

Post a Comment