Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 18 September 2014

Ruff, エリマキシギ

Large shore birds with long legs, migrating from the cold tundras of East Russia to the warmer shores of SE Asia and beyond. There were 8 of them in Imazu at one time. Hanging around for over a week. I'd love to see these birds in breeding plumage!








Portrait, I think a female.




Huddling together when raptors fly by. The smaller one on the left should be a female, the males are about 20% larger, In the back one black-winged Stilt



Wandering off in pairs or by themselves when the danger has gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment