Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 17 December 2013

ニホンイタチ, Japanese Weasel and ミソサザイ, Winter Wren

The way to Imazu runs through Imajuku. At the intersection where I should turn right for the mudflats I sometimes go left to see what’s in the woods. This day, December 8th, some Ryukyu Minivets, リュウキュウサンショウクイ flew by in a large flock of tits, white-eyes and coldcrests. I’d left the camera in the car and by the time I got it the flock had moved on. I was waiting around a little while when a Winter Wren came to sit in front of me. It flew briefly uphill following a little stream where it stopped and excitingly hopped back and forth. I hiked up to see what was there and found a little face poking out of a hole: a Japanese Weasel. I happily took its portrait and hoped for a 2-shot. The Wren was willing to play along, but too many branches blocked my view…

ミソサザイ、Winter Wren



ニホンイタチ, Japanese Weasel




















1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures. Wrens are truly enigmatic little birds. It's always a pleasure to see them. And we have so many species in the Americas.

    ReplyDelete