Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Tuesday, 17 December 2013

ニホンイタチ, Japanese Weasel and ミソサザイ, Winter Wren

The way to Imazu runs through Imajuku. At the intersection where I should turn right for the mudflats I sometimes go left to see what’s in the woods. This day, December 8th, some Ryukyu Minivets, リュウキュウサンショウクイ flew by in a large flock of tits, white-eyes and coldcrests. I’d left the camera in the car and by the time I got it the flock had moved on. I was waiting around a little while when a Winter Wren came to sit in front of me. It flew briefly uphill following a little stream where it stopped and excitingly hopped back and forth. I hiked up to see what was there and found a little face poking out of a hole: a Japanese Weasel. I happily took its portrait and hoped for a 2-shot. The Wren was willing to play along, but too many branches blocked my view…

ミソサザイ、Winter Wren



ニホンイタチ, Japanese Weasel




















1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures. Wrens are truly enigmatic little birds. It's always a pleasure to see them. And we have so many species in the Americas.

    ReplyDelete