Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Herons and Egrets at the Kikuchi river 1



In spring when the Ayu, or Sweetfish move upstream to spawn, birds gather at this point in the Kikuchi river, where it drops down a few meters in elevation. They scan the waters near the wall, making slow peddling movements with their feet. There is always a lot of action, as the birds fight fiercely over the best location. It makes me wonder why they don’t stick to an easy diet of rice paddy frogs. I guess this shows my lazy side and Ayu tastes much better. They sure make a good meal at the izakayas!








     


     



 コサギ,  Little Egret



コサギ,  Little Egret  and  ダイサギGreat Egret



 Patience and concentration



ゴイサギ,  Black-crowned Night Heron




アオサギ, Grey Heron and ゴイサギ,  Black-crowned Night Heron


1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful photography. You should try visiting the Utonai-ko Sanctuary in Lake Utonai, they have different birds migrating there every month!


    http://www.bestjapanesemedicaltranslation.com/.

    ReplyDelete